Saturday, March 31, 2012

Rain Interrupted

Am sitting on my couch (a theme when writing these things), listening to the every so gentle pitter-pattering on rain on my window.  Every now and then it becomes slightly more aggressive then settles again.  Today is supposed to be the first day of a series of runs I do in preparation for my Camino journey.    I booked my journey 4 months ago and had such high hopes that I would be filled with renewed enthusiasm for getting fit - and this has clearly not been the case.

So if I am going compare where I thought I would be at this stage 4 months ago when I booked the ticket, compared to actual real life, there seem to be a lot of differences.  For instance.... I know a little but not nearly enough Spanish (in fact the only full sentence I know to speak fluently comes from a song where a women is beckoning her man to stay with her just one more night - not sure where would get me, but depending on my audience at the time, probably in a spot of bother).  I have heard that you don't need to know too much Spanish, but they appreciate those who have tried to learn it.  I need to learn the words: Cheese, Milk, Butter, Cream & Dairy...oh, and then the word 'No' to put in front.  Perhaps 'Death' would be a good word to learn also... 

I still don't have travel insurance, have not finished compiling the list of 'if I don't return, here are all my passwords and accesses' document, don't really know what I will be packing and if I am going to be able to keep it to 8kg on my back, and more recently, have come to terms with the whole 'solo' aspect of this walk....'solo', the word alone seems to have its own echo... 'solo'...

Anyway, time to harden up and put on the sneakers... 36 days and counting...

1 comment:

  1. All the same concerns had crossed my mind. And none had mattered. You will be alone, only if you choose to be alone. Travel insurance you must have. Would you like to skype sometime?

    ReplyDelete